How do you coil your leaders? We welcome your ideas and encourage you to send in your tips. If we use it we hook you up with InTheBite gear. Submit to email@example.com
Kite Leader Coiler for Rapid Deployment and Reloads
By: Capt. Seth Funt, Team Three Buoys, Mercury Marine Pro-Team
Photography By: Michael Grant
Skill Level 2-stars
Yo-Yo Hand Reel
¼-inch Drill Bit and Drill
Gold or Silver Marker
10-foot Kite Leaders (with a hook on one end and a Perfection Loop in the other)
This is great tip for storing your live bait sailfish leaders.
- Drill holes every one inch around the bottom of the Yo-Yo Hand Reel.
- Take the hook from your first leader and run it through one of the holes.
- Coil the first leader around the coiler.
- When you come to the Perfection Loop on the end of the first leader, take the hook from the second leader and run it through the Perfection Loop.
- Then take the hook from the second leader (with the Perfection Loop from the first leader) and run it through one of the empty holes.
- Coil the second leader around the coiler.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 with as many leaders as you want.
- Run the Perfection Loop from the last leader through one of the empty holes.
- Take a marker and write what length and weight leader is on the coiler, along with the size hook.