The Pescadora Billfish Championship is right around the corner and will be held February 20th – 22nd, 2020. The ground-breaking event, presented by Costa Sunglasses, brings women from all nationalities and experiences together to share in their love of the ocean and fishing. It’s a fun, champagne-filled weekend catered to women, by women.
And not only is this billfishing event specifically for women, but it is designed to bring experienced and non-experienced female anglers together to compete for the title of the World’s Top Lady Anglers. This tournament is a mix of hook and hand, and hook your own.
Two top lady angler awards are presented, one to the female who reels in the most fish (hook & hand), and the other to the female that hooks and reels in her own fish (per IGFA rules) along with overall team awards.
The tournament will be held in Quepos, Costa Rica at the prestigious Marina Pez Vela. A portion of all proceeds will be donated to the Seeds of Hope organization, which works in Costa Rica on the national and local level to combat sexual exploitation, drugs, violence and trafficking of minors. Please visit their website at seedsofhope.international.
Statistics from the 2019 event:
- 512 billfish released in 2 days of fishing
- 81 female anglers participated on 22 teams
- Women from 7 different countries participated
- 187 billfish were tagged during the event
- At least 11 women caught their first billfish at the event
- The event was followed by people in 19 different countries via Sancochero TV
Leave a Reply