Beaufort, NC, July 15, 2020—Jarrett Bay Boatworks’ 175-acre Marine Industrial Park is receiving a bevy of infrastructure and equipment enhancements to help meet the increasing demand for their world-class service from vessels of all sizes. Vice President of Operations, Tate Lawrence commented, “From upgraded power service to accommodate the growing number of large yachts turning to Jarrett Bay for refit & repower work, to a new 75-ton lift well to place smaller vessel projects on the hard, the list of upgrades we’ve been able to put in place is a welcome indicator that our boating marketplace will weather yet another economic storm.”
The ideal combination of an award-winning service department’s ability to take on virtually any project on vessels up to 300 tons and at some of the most competitive rates; the facility’s central location adjacent to the mid-Atlantic seaport of Beaufort, North Carolina; and some of the globe’s most highly skilled craftsmen and technicians all working towards a common goal of pride in superior craftsmanship, has helped give rise to nearly 35 years of steady growth and this latest list of improvements to Jarrett Bay’s operations:
- Installation of an additional 1,500 amps of power across the boatyard to accommodate more 100 amp service connections for large yachts
- Improvements to lift wells serviced by the 200-ton & 300-ton Marine Travelifts
- Purchased and graded more than 2 million pounds of rock to improve the yard’s working base and reduce dust for cleaner conditions
- New 75-ton lift well with all-concrete chafe guard installed
- New 22-ton forklift with the capability to haul boats up to 35’ and a max height of 52’
- New fork truck lift well
- Improved water quality for boats on the yard and at the docks
- Upgrades & cleaning to 135,000 sq ft of building spaces
- Implemented a job order system to improve efficiency & reduce costs where employees text for any parts needed from an on-site distribution facility, the part is charged to the job and then delivered to the employee to allow them to remain focused on the task
- New land space acquired to be incorporated with an existing building as a shop & project space for boats 65’ and under.
Do you have any comments or questions for us? We’d love to hear from you.