Registration for the tournament, taking place December 10th through December 12 at Sailfish Marina on Singer Island, Fla., is now open.
Singer Island, Fla.—The 1st Annual Hope Town United Sailfish Tournament kicks off on December 10 through December 12 at Sailfish Marina on Singer Island, Fla. to benefit the community members and the recovery and restoration efforts on Elbow Cay following the devastation of Hurricane Dorian. Funds raised will go directly to rebuilding the Hope Town Primary School, the ground-up build of the Abaco Community Care Center, and the restoration of the homes destroyed by Dorian as a part of Hope Town United’s Homes for Hope program.
Since Hurricane Dorian made landfall on September 1st, 2019, Hope Town United has been working tirelessly to provide immediate relief to the residents of Elbow Cay.
“We are focused on helping the community get back on its feet as quickly as possible while facilitating the construction of more resilient homes, businesses, and public buildings, along with an environmentally sustainable infrastructure. Together, we are revolutionizing the way an island can rebuild in the face of natural disasters. Hope Town United has raised over $3.5 million with 2,000+ donors, and we hope to continue to raise funds to help our friends on Elbow Cay,” said Seneca Moss Reynolds, Hope Town United’s Director of Development.
Online registration for the charitable fishing tournament is open now at www.hopetownunited.org. Onsite registration will take place Thursday, December 10th at Sailfish Marina in conjunction with the Captain’s Meeting and Dinner. The tournament itself will take place Friday, December 11th through Saturday, December 12th. Live bait and dead bait categories will be available. Teams will fish for sailfish (by release only) and will be scored by overall releases based on points for using dead or live bait. Lines in at 7:30 am, lines out by 3:30 pm. Weigh station closes at 5:30 pm.
A cocktail hour on the Sailfish Marina’s South Tiki Lawn will take place at 6:00 pm on December 12th prior to the Awards Dinner and Ceremony. Immediately following, Hope Town United will present Songwriters in Paradise for a night of live music.
Tournament entry details:
- The entry fee is $1,950 per boat/team before October 31st, $2,500 per boat/team after November 1st, and includes six tickets to the Captain’s Dinner and Awards Dinner, cocktails, gifts, and shirts (*tax and service fee applied at checkout).
- Calcutta available at Captain’s Meeting, Thursday, December 10th (CC, cash, check accepted).
- Additional tickets to the Captain’s Meeting and Awards Ceremony are available for purchase.
- Please contact Tournament Director Courtney Bowden at (561) 909-7868 or email@example.com with any questions about tournament registration and rules, also available online at www.hopetownunited.org.
Tournament sponsorship details:
- Sponsorship opportunities start at $500. Sponsor levels, forms, and in-kind agreements can be found at www.hopetownunited.org.
- Sponsorship commitments must be submitted no later than December 1st. Donation checks and forms can be mailed to:
Hope Town United
ATTN: Sailfish Tournament
110 E. Atlantic Avenue, Suite 200
Delray Beach, FL 33444
- Please direct any sponsorship questions to Seneca Moss Reynolds at 561-313-5355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All tournament events will be held in accordance with the Palm Beach County COVID-19 guidelines.
About Hope Town United
Hope Town United is a U.S.-based 501(c)3 non-profit organization leading the recovery and restoration efforts on Elbow Cay in The Bahamas following the devastation of Hurricane Dorian. All contributions to Hope Town United are tax deductible. To learn more about Hope Town United’s projects and impact – and to donate – visit www.hopetownunited.org.