We caught up with Kona’s Capt. Shane O’Brien, who placed first in this year’s Captain of the Year Hawaii Division, to talk about the past year and how he got to where he is today. O’Brien ended the Hawaii Division with 2150 points.
- Lazy Marlin Hunt, 2nd Place, 300 Pts.
- Firecracker Open, 1st Place, 500 Pts.
- Kona Throw Down, 1st Place, 500 Pts.
- Skins Marlin Derby, 3rd Place, 100 Pts.
- Big Island Marlin Tournament, 1st Place Release, 500 Pts.
- Hawaiian Marlin Tournament Series Champion, 250 Pts.