First Place: Native Son, Capt. Art Sapp
Second Place: Weez in the Keyz, Capt. Chris Zielinski
Third Place: The Edge,
BAR South in Top Spot for Most Sail Releases for the Florida Division
Congratulations to BAR South and their six sail releases during Leg 2 of the “Quest for the Crest” Sailfish Challenge. This puts them at the top for live bait releases within the Florida Division. Another congrats to BAR South’s Rudy Espinosa who received the top male angler rank with five points. BAR South placed sixth overall during the tournament with seven releases. LUNATICO2, also competing in the tournament, had a total of three releases. Keep up the good work teams! On to the next tournament, which will be Leg 2 of the Los Sueños Signature Billfish Series starting February 24, followed by The Masters Angling Tournament on February 28. Jimmy Johnson’s Quest for the Ring kicks off March 2.
Captain of the Year
Capt. Nick Carullo // Priceless/Showtime/Remix // 800 Points
- Silver Sailfish Derby, 2nd Place, 300 Pts.
- Operation Sailfish, 1st Place, 500 Pts.
Capt. Ryan Alexander // Hell Reyzer // 800 Points
- Islamorada Fishing Club’s Sailfish Tournament, 1st Place, 500 Pts.
- Cheeca Lodge Presidential Sailfish Tournament, 2nd Place, 300 Pts.
Capt. Charlie Scoble // Tackle Center // 750 Points
- Cheeca Lodge Presidential Sailfish Tournament, 1st Place, 500 Pts.
- Florida Keys Gold Series Champion, 250 Pts.
Capt. Eddie Wheeler // Cabana // 500 Points
- Pelagic Rockstar Offshore Tournament, 1st Place, 500 Pts.
Capt. David Grubbs // Grand Slam // 500 Points
- Los Suenos, Leg 1, 1st Place, 500 Pts.
Capt. Ben Horning // Fish Tank // 400 Points
- Pelagic Rockstar Offshore Tournament, 3rd Place, 100 Pts.
- Los Suenos, Leg 1, 2nd Place, 300 Pts.