The CHAMPIONSHIP OF SPORTFISHING.
The InTheBite Captain of the Year Cup presented by Hatteras is the world’s foremost competition for professional sportfishermen. The world’s only quantifiable metric for comparing the tournament success of captains, winning an InTheBite Captain of the Year Award is a major achievement. The Cup is composed of five divisions that span the sportfishing world: East Coast, Florida, Gulf Coast, Hawaii and International. It is comprised of 90-sanctioned tournaments. The SCORING SYSTEM is: 1st Place: 500 points, 2nd Place: 300 points, 3rd Place: 100 points. Heaviest Marlin: 500 points. Overall Championship: 250 points. 12 Boat Tournament Minimum for points.
Capt. Ryan Alexander, HellReyzer, 800 Points
- Islamorada Fishing Club’s Sailfish Tournament, 1st Place, 500 Pts.
- Cheeca Lodge Sailfish Tournament, 2nd Place, 300 Pts.
Capt. Wink Doerzbacher, Showtime!, 500 Points
- Gold Cup Team Fishing Tournament, 1st Place, 500 Pts.
Capt. David Grubbs, Grand Slam, 500 Points
- Pelican Yacht Club Invitational, 1st Place, 500 Pts.
Capt. Joe Garberoglio, Fragrant Harbor, 500 Points
- Silver Sailfish Derby, 1st Place, 500 Pts.
Capt. Ben Horning, Fish Tank, 500 Points
- Los Suenos Signature Series, Leg 1, 1st Place, 500 Pts.
Capt. Victor “Pia” Ceballos, The King and I, 300 Points
- Los Suenos Signature Series, Leg 1, 2nd Place, 300 Pts.
Capt. Chris Workmon, Reel Pushy, 100 Points
- Los Suenos Signature Series, Leg 1, 3rd Place, 100 Pts.