Website City of Port Aransas
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the City Manager, the Harbormaster directs and coordinates activities of the everyday operations including booking reservations, scheduling and contracting of facilities and boat slips. Polices the harbor and Roberts Point Park to ensure enforcement of laws, regulations and policies governing navigable waters and property under jurisdiction of the municipality. Oversees Harbor projects and is responsible for the harbor and park area by preforming the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Excellent customer service skills
· Must have excellent degree of cooperation with other staff members and also the general public
· Confers with officials such as port authorities, Coast Guard officers, and City Manager to establish policies, defined sensibilities, and determine operating requirements.
· Must be able to work efficiently in an independent work environment
· Issues general instructions and outline of departmental policies regarding water traffic control, public safety, theft prevention, and apprehension of law violators to marina workers and confers with them to determine operating procedures.
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to work in a fast pace, high stress environment
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Maintain and organize all Marina Events in Marina Pavilions
· Maintain all marina boat leases and utility billing for all City boat slips
· Maintain Auto Debit agreements for boat leases and billing
· Manage and maintain list for dock boxes, usages placement and other marina maintenance items
· Authorizes department purchases and expenditures
· Knowledge of marina equipment, construction and maintenance is a must.
· Assist in rescue operation from patrol launch after major disaster such as ship collision or natural disaster.
· Responsible for general maintenance and cleaning of all marina areas.